So you are thinking about throwing a “Dog Party” to celebrate your furry besties birthday! No you aren’t crazy, it’s a growing fad amongst us dog lovers that think cake is a food group!
Your “dog birthday party” may be as simple as you and Fido hanging on the couch watching Lady and The Tramp and sharing a bowl of ice cream. Or as lavish a party for the entire block of wagging tails. Whatever your choice, it’s all about your dog having a romping good time with his friends and eating CAKE! Dogs are dogs, so keep it simple, here are few suggestions:
- Invite ONLY dogs you know that are dog friendly and aren’t aggressive. Have a big fenced yard (or go to the dog park) for room to run because there will be a lot of running jumping and playing.
- Provide plenty of fresh water if it’s at your house (most dog parks provide water).
- Visit your local dog bakery and have them bake a “dog friendly” cake for the “King Of The Day” and his furry court to enjoy. Here at Smilin’ Dog Bakery we make “grain-free” cakes made with either liver or peanut butter which both are a huge hit!
- Take lots of pictures/videos because you won’t want to forget the antics that will most likely take place.
- Send your furry guests home with a little “doggie bag” of yummy healthy treats to enjoy later!
- If you are traveling to a location instead staying at your house, bring a blanket for the back seat, because inevitably someone is going to be pretty filthy from all of that play. Even better, find a dog park that has a wash station and bathe your pup before heading home. Be prepared to spend the evening watching your dog sleep, dreaming of the best day EVER! Thanks Mom!
Hug your dog!